GIST Sarcoma Life Raft Group Canada was incorporated as a not-for-profit Canadian corporation in 2008. In 2012 registered charity status was granted by both Canada Revenue Agency and Revenu Québec in 2012.
We liaise informally with Life Raft Group U.S.A. and other GIST support organizations around the world. However, there are no financial or institutional connections between the Canadian and U.S.A. groups. We are a patient support organization for people with GIST and their family members and caregivers. We welcome new members!
The objectives of GIST Sarcoma Life Raft Group Canada are to:
- Increase awareness of GIST among the general public & among health care professionals.
- Provide workshops and seminars related to GIST & its treatment.
- Advocate for access to medical treatment for GIST patients across Canada.
- Establish support groups for those in Canada who are affected by GIST.
- Support, within Canada, activities of research, scholarship, publication & education related to GIST.